Assistant Cross Country & Track and Field Coach/Recruiting Coordinator
|May 30, 2012 - July 01, 2012|
|Description:||The assistant coach for Cross Country and Track and Field is responsible for assisting the head Cross Country and Track and Field coach in implementing and directing all phases of a competitive NCAA Division III Cross Country and Track and Field program at DePauw University. This includes recruiting quality student athletes, organizing and planning practices and game strategies, scouting, coaching, scheduling, budgeting and planning team travel in compliance with University, conference and NCAA rules and regulations. |
|Duties:||• Understand and comply with NCAA Division III, conference and University rules and regulations. |
• Demonstrate a philosophy that emphasizes academic priorities for student-athletes
• Demonstrate sensitivity to individuals of diverse cultural backgrounds and a commitment to a diverse community.
• Develop, organize and implement a comprehensive recruiting plan for men's and women's cross country and track and field.
• Coach a track and field event during the traditional and non-traditional season, as well as assist the head cross country coach during the traditional season, as needed.
• As directed by the head coach, develop and implement plans and strategies for practices competition
• As directed by the head coach, schedule games, make transportation and lodging arrangements for team travel
• Assist with managing Cross Country and Track and Field operating budget
• Assist with evaluating program effectiveness
• Monitor student-athletes' academic progression
• Other duties as assigned by the head Cross Country and Track and Field coach and/or the Director of Athletics
|Qualifications:||Education: Bachelor's Degree (four year college or university)|
Experience: Collegiate playing experience in Cross Country and Track and Field highly desirable
Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, Google Apps, other programs as determined by specific sport responsibilities.
Certificates & Licenses
A valid U.S. driver's license is required
* Excellent communication skills
* Commitment to and history of strong belief in mentoring students and demonstrated experience in working with young adults
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.