Assistant to the Director of Athletics
|May 29, 2012 - June 15, 2012|
|Description:||The Assistant to the Director of Athletics will work collaboratively with all members of the athletics department to manage all home athletics contests, coordinate all NCAA and NCAC post season championship events, encourage fiscal responsibility, and monitor NCAA eligibility. It is expected that this individual will function as a member of the athletics administrative team and represent the University, as appropriate, at both internal and external events. |
|Duties:||• Understand and comply with NCAA Division III, Conference and University rules and regulations. |
• Demonstrate a philosophy that emphasizes academic priorities for student-athletes.
• Demonstrate sensitivity to individuals of diverse cultural backgrounds and a commitment to a diverse community.
• Serve as the coordinator of athletics events: securing, supervising and evaluating all game workers for regular season and post season events. Coordinate all NCAA and NCAC post season championship events, including staff assignments, budget and reconciliation. Supervise and implement the DePauw campus ticket sales for the Monon Bell game.
• Serve as the assistant to the director of athletics, reviewing all budgets, processing check requests/advances/POs, and reviewing commercial card statements.
• Oversee all department transportation requests to Purchasing, this includes both competition transportation and transportation related to recruiting.
• Work with the director of compliance to document student-athlete eligibility in accordance with NCAA and NCAC Bylaws. This includes maintaining accurate rosters, preparing reports and working with coaches to determine full-time status of student-athletes.
• Generate NCAA reports (sports sponsorship) and work with the Associate Athletics Director on the NCAA and DOE EADA report.
• Complete all game contracts and official contracts for 23 sports.
|Qualifications:||Education: Bachelor's degree required. Masters degree in related field preferred.|
Experience: Minimum of two years related experience (may be as a graduate assistant) working in college athletics.
Microsoft Office, ScheduleStar, Google Apps
Certificates & Licenses
A valid driver's license is required.
* Excellent communication skills required.
* Commitment to and history of strong belief in mentoring students and demonstrated experience working with young adults.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.